Items on the calendar are talks, rallies, protests, films, etc. organized by various groups within the community working against war and racism and for peace, justice and equality.
Listings on the calendar to not imply endorsement of content by CCAWR unless specified.
- This event has passed.
Democracy in Crisis – Tom Ginsburg, Ph.D., J.D.
November 11 @ 5:45 pm - 9:45 pm
Professor of Political Science and the Leo Spitz Professor of International Law at the University of Chicago
Tom Ginsburg is co-author of the newly published book,
How to Save a Constitutional Democracy :
- Explores how healthy democracies mutate into authoritarian or oligarchic government systems.
- Explains how these systems are now on the rise around the world.
- Sounds a warning on how this could happen here in the United States.
- Answers the question: What can be done to preserve fairness in government?
- Provides an analysis that is awe-inspiring, crystal clear, and sobering.
Reception begins at 5:45p followed by dinner and program.The program will begin at 7:45p. At the conclusion of the program, Tom Ginsburg will be available to sign copies of his new book which will be available for sale.
See link below for tickets. Reservations close Nov. 8 at noon.