The world’s richest nation in history has by far the worst social services of any industrialized country. For decades the obscenely rich have gamed the system to become even richer, and the pandemic has made the divide between the rich and the rest of us much worse. We therefore demand:
- Increased taxation of the rich, ending loopholes that allow them to evade taxes, and vigorously prosecute white collar crimes.
- Guarantee the right to strike and freely unionize without employer retaliation. Enact “card check” unionization and remove the ban on solidarity strikes.
- Cancel rent and mortgage debt for the unemployed and underemployed.
- Restore the safety net with a livable, guaranteed minimum income for all.
- Increase workplace safety by restoring OSHA and guaranteeing the right to strike over workplace health hazards.
- Lessen corporate corruption of government by ending secret campaign contributions and limiting the amount of contributions.